[actf-dev] Re: [technology-pmc] Regrets for Eclipse for All: Doing Accessibility Right in the Framework

Bjorn:
Thank you so much for your understanding. I know of no one who is attending EclipseCon from IBM (or from anywhere else, for that matter) that would have the knowledge and experience to give this talk. We are extremely disappointed.

--> Mike Squillace
IBM Human Ability and Accessibility Center
Accessibility Tools Framework (ACTF) co-technical lead
http://www.eclipse.org/actf

W:512.286.8694
M:512.970.0066

External: http://www.ibm.com/able
Internal: http://w3.ibm.com/able
Inactive hide details for Bjorn Freeman-Benson <bjorn.freeman-benson@xxxxxxxxxxx>Bjorn Freeman-Benson <bjorn.freeman-benson@xxxxxxxxxxx>

          Bjorn Freeman-Benson <bjorn.freeman-benson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: technology-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          02/14/2009 10:29 AM

          Please respond to
          Technology PMC <technology-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Technology PMC <technology-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Mike Strack/Austin/IBM@IBMUS, Scott Rosenbaum <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, actf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

Subject

Re: [technology-pmc] Regrets for Eclipse for All: Doing Accessibility Right in the Framework

Michael, Kentarou-san,
We're very sorry to hear this as you know we were looking forward to your talk. We understand the issues and hold no ill-will, only regret that you two will not be able to present at the conference.

Before we cancel the talk completely, is there anybody you can suggest as a (second-class) substitute? Someone who is already going to the conference?

Regards,
Bjorn

Michael A Squillace wrote:
      ACTF Colleagues and Technology PMC:
      I regret to inform you that, due to the economic environment, IBM has significantly restricted travel and neither Kentarou Fukuda nor I were able to obtain the necessary permission to attend and present our talk. I apologize for this inconvenience, as I was informed late last year that, at least for my case, permission was highly likely to be granted. Had I known that permission was dubious, I would have not signed the speaker agreement.

      I'd especially like to apologize to Wayne and others from the Technology PMC for this late notice as they have worked very closely with us to facilitate what I had hoped to be an informative and useful discussion. Thank you for your understanding.