Re: [actf-dev] minutes: ACTF monthly call (Nov. 11th)

So far as monthly calls, Mondays at 1400 UTC are best for me; are we thinking, say, of the 2nd Monday of each month or something along those lines?
Also, will try to have a proposed abstract for at least part of an EclipseCon proposal. If you look at the exchanges between myself and Wayne earlier this week, you'll note that there's an opportunity to do our long talk in the large hall on the main stage.
The validation componentry will *not* participate in the simultaneous release plan. This is simply too much of a burden given our resources.
--> Mike Squillace
IBM Human Ability and Accessibility Center
Accessibility Tools Framework (ACTF) co-technical lead
http://www.eclipse.org/actf

W:512.823.7423
M:512.970.0066

External: http://www.ibm.com/able
Internal: http://w3.ibm.com/able
Inactive hide details for Kentarou Fukuda <KENTAROU@xxxxxxxxxx>Kentarou Fukuda <KENTAROU@xxxxxxxxxx>

          Kentarou Fukuda <KENTAROU@xxxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: actf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          11/12/2008 12:50 AM

          Please respond to
          ACTF developers list <actf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

actf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

cc

Subject

[actf-dev] minutes: ACTF monthly call (Nov. 11th)

Hi all,

Attached please find the minutes of monthly call. Please correct any
errors, omissions, etc. of the minutes by replying to this mail.

---
Attendees: Simon, Yeliz, Hiro, Kentarou

1: EclipseCon [1]

- From our experience at EclipseCon of this year, we need to create an
agenda that relates to many attendees of the conference.

- Introduction about GUI accessibility, how to create accessible Eclipse
applications, and how ACTF can help will be worth for many plugin
developers. (Almost identical to Wayne's suggestion. [1])

- Eclipse has a good article about it's accessibility.

http://www.eclipse.org/articles/article.php?file=Article-Accessibility/index.html
 We might be able to create an effective use case and introduction of
Javaco for that purpose.

- RAP generates _javascript_ based Web application from Java (SWT and
similar codes). Keyboard operability is provided in some part, but
WAI-ARIA implementation will be needed in the future. (We need to talk
about it with RAP team.)

Action item: Mike Squillace and Kentarou will work for submission.
Action item: Kentarou will contact with Mike Paciello to confirm the
submission plan with him.

2: 2009 Simultaneous Release (code name Galileo) [2][3]

Pros:
- Big chance to improve ACTF's visibility and get more users, community
members etc.
- We can learn more about Eclipse process and other major projects.
- We can develop a relationship with other projects.

Cons:
- We need an additional workload to follow process. (e.g., introducing
Releng (build process), preparation of 'new & noteworthy' for each
milestone, joining conference calls, etc.)
- We need to align our development schedule with simultaneous release
plan. (e.g. periodical milestone releases, code freeze on May, etc.)

If component level participation is allowed, at least one of ACTF
components will join the release process. Current status of each
components are below.

Alternative Interface part: Under consideration. Hiro and Kentarou will
lead decision making.
Validation part: Mike Squillace will lead decision making.
Visualization part: Agreed to join the release. Kentarou will lead
release engineering, etc.

Action item: Kentarou will check if component level participation is
allowed or not.

3: Regular call schedule

1st candidate: Tuesday 14:00 UTC
2nd candidate: Monday 14:00 UTC

Action item: Kentarou will check other members' schedule.

[1]
http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/actf-dev/msg00203.html
[2]
http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/actf-dev/msg00209.html