Re: [actf-dev] ACTF Workshop at ASSETS 2008 - Thanks & Notes

Hi Yeliz,

Thank you very much for the detailed report!

I'll create ACTF documentation page and upload the instruction documents
we used at ASSETS. I hope it'll also help new users of ACTF. Please give
us your comments/feedback for the future improvement.

Thanks,
Kentarou
---
Kentarou Fukuda, Ph.D.
Tokyo Research Laboratory, IBM Japan
Tel: +81-46-215-4659
E-mail: kentarou@xxxxxxxxxx

Yeliz Yesilada <yesilady@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: actf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
2008/10/22 01:00
Please respond to
ACTF developers list <actf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

ACTF developers list <actf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[actf-dev] ACTF Workshop at ASSETS 2008 - Thanks & Notes

Hi all,

On behalf of the ASSETS 2008 organisation, I would like to thank to
Chieko, Hiro, Shinya and Kentarou, for their great workshop. It was a
very successful workshop and we have received very positive responses
from the attendees. Attendees have indicated that they have learnt a
lot about the ACTF framework and the underlying components.

The following components have been mainly discussed at the workshop
directed/guided by the participants requests:
- Project goal/overall architecture, infrastructure and components:
this was the first part of the workshop where an overview of the
project was given.
- Visualisation engine and simple visualiser: University of
Manchester team was very interested in this as they are currently
working on extending this component, see use case <http://
dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/actf-dev/msg00145.html>.
- aDesigner and how to access original DOM and live DOM: All of the
participants were excited to find out that they could use the DOM
parser separately in other applications. They were very pleased to
learn this. In fact, before the end of the conference, we heard that
one of the attendees started to use the DOM parser in their stand-
alone application.
- aiBrowser: Stony Brook University team was quite interested in
learning more about the Flash components and the aiBrowser
infrastructure so first a demo was given and then a detailed overview
of the underlying components.
- aDesigner validation component: University of Manchester team was
quite interested in this component, therefore first a demo was given
and then explained how to extend this component, see use case <http://
dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/actf-dev/msg00164.html>.
- Webelo: Some participants wanted to see a demo of Webelo but
unfortunately there were some problems in running the application.

This hands-on workshop was definitely useful for the researchers
attended the workshop. I hope there will be more workshops like this
to have more people participate in this project.

Regards,
Yeliz
School of Computer Science
The University of Manchester