Re: [actf-dev] Re: [technology-pmc] ACTF Community Development: Status & Response to Wayne Beaton

Fukuda-San:
I think the article you sight is a good intorduction to accessibility for whomever we engage in this conversation. THe UI best practices group would be an excellent place to start and they ahve regular calls. I will try and jump on the next one.  The guidelines:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/User_Interface_Guidelines

have only a passing reference to accessibility and I'd like to start by broadening their scope a bit.
Also, note that I've moved this thread to the ACTF dev list as not sure we want to clutter the Technology PMC list with this discussion.

--> Mike Squillace
IBM Human Ability and Accessibility Center
Accessibility Tools Framework (ACTF) co-technical lead
http://www.eclipse.org/actf

W:512.823.7423
M:512.970.0066

External: http://www.ibm.com/able
Internal: http://w3.ibm.com/able

Kentarou Fukuda <KENTAROU@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: technology-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/27/2008 04:02 AM

Please respond to
Technology PMC <technology-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

ACTF developers list <actf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Technology PMC <technology-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject
Re: [actf-dev] Re: [technology-pmc] ACTF Community Development:        Status        & Response to Wayne Beaton

Hi Mike,

>Of course, but that would depend upon against what criteria
>you were basing certification (e.g. W3C ATAG 1.0, US Sec. 508, etc.).
>I would love to pursue this topic with the community - as I said,
>I have both a professional and personal stake in this work.
>How would we initiate such an endeavor?

In Eclipse, I think the article below is used as a guideline.
http://www.eclipse.org/articles/article.php?file=Article-Accessibility/index.html

We can start discussion based on this article.
For example, I think some items described in the article can be covered by
ACTF, especially by the SWT validation. How do you think about it?

We might be able to discuss it with the User Interface Best Practice
Working Group, too.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/User_Interface_Architecture_Working_Group

Best regards,
Kentarou