Re: [tycho-user] What is the latest on "Access restriction" compilation errors

Tonny's suggestion is basically what I've done, but it sure feels "icky" and I don't like that it means any further usage of com.sun.* packages in that plugin will be masked/ignored. What I really don't get is why Eclipse (and PDE) don't warn about it? As I said, I definitely have the compiler settings configured to create warning markers for accessing restricted classes; it's frustrating that Tycho and Eclipse aren't in sync on this. Doesn't Eclipse normally flag such access with a warning?

More below…