Re: [cdt-dev] CConfigurationData and friends

On Thursday 20 November 2008 14:56:40 Schaefer, Doug wrote:

> > Thanks,
> > Volodya
>
> Sorry for the delay in responding it's been a pretty fun and busy
> Eclipse Summit Europe.
>
> We are certainly in need of help with the build components of the CDT.
> Essentially much of the knowledge on this Description stuff has been
> lost.

That's unfortunate. Of all CDT, the build system seems the most complex code
to me, and if the knowledge about it is lost, this doubles the complexity.

> There are guys trying to figure it all out and hopefully we can
> get some momentum back there. James seems to be having the most success
> so far but we have a long way to go.

Do you know what unique features CDT build system has relatively to other
build systems out there? It looks like internal builder is more efficient than
external build tool, because it can know what files were modified. But in
other aspects, I know some options that seems comparable, or better.

Maybe, it would be best if CDT included integration for popular build systems,
with one of such integrations being "recommended" one?

- Volodya

Back to the top